Students with excellent quantitative training and an interest in applications are encouraged to apply for admission to the graduate program in statistics.
Applicants for this doctoral program should have had courses in linear algebra, advanced calculus, and statistics.
The Department of Statistics follows the application requirements determined by The Graduate School at Northwestern University. Please view The Graduate School's website for the specific application requirements.
GRE and TOEFL Requirements
- Candidates must have taken the GRE, all though no set minimum is required for application consideration.
- TOEFL minimum score is 90. Lower scores will not be considered.
- Both GRE and TOEFL scores must be received directly from ETS.
- GRE and TOEFL Information and Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply for a MS degree?
The master's of science degree is available to current doctoral students undertaking the following degrees at Northwestern University:
- Political Science
- Learning Services
- Human Development and Social Policy
The degree is intended for those who wish to establish their qualifications in statistics and quantitative research methodology.Accepted candidates will be expected to take a total of 9 courses in a program to be approved by the director of graduate studies. This program will typically include STAT 320-1 and STAT 320-2 and can include up to 3 approved courses from other departments.